Friday, November 9, 2007







I can't remember who, but someone asked how to do the black and white photos with a little color (like the 3rd pic down). I don't know if I ever answered but the way I do it is create a second layer (command J or control J) then desaturate it. Then I take my handy dandy eraser, put the opacity at say... 65% or something, and then erase over the part that I want color to show through. You just make your eraser smaller or bigger to help you get the job done adequately. There are many other ways to do it, but that's the way I prefer.

Another thing I wanted to say about these photos is that the only editing I did to them (besides desaturation and sepia) is cropping - that's it. I was so pleased with the lighting from my Smith Victor lights that I didn't have to do ANY editing. PLUS, I took them in MANUAL mode. I know, I know, FINALLY!!! I get it. I finally get it and I feel so free! Okay, I better stop before I break into song.

1 comment:

Lexie said...

Sabrina,
Love the pictures! I was just wondering about your Smith Victor lights. Do you know what wattage they are? Also, do you use all three every photo shoot, or do you find that you usually just use the two with umbrellas? Sorry to sound dumb, I don't know much about lighting, but it's something I'd like to look into, so any info about what you do/don't like about your likes would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks!

Lexie